As an employer, you have certain responsibilities. Among them are your responsibility to:
- Clearly explain the responsibilities of the job to your worker.
- Clearly state the terms of employment, including what the job pays and the hours and days the worker is needed.
- Check references of job candidates.
- Consider an optional criminal background check.
- Supervise your employee by giving direction and feedback.
- Pay your employee on time.
- Notify Rewarding Work periodically about the number of people you have hired through the Directory.
Job candidates in the Rewarding Work database have NOT been screened in any way and their backgrounds have NOT been checked. That is your responsibility as an employer.
If you receive PCA services through MassHealth, click here.
If you are hiring a respite worker, click here.
Additional questions? Call toll-free at 866-212-WORK (9675) or email email@example.com.
If you have comments that will help make this resource more useful, please send us an email.