MA DDS Participant Directed Program
What is the DDS Participant Directed Program (PDP)?
In the PDP, the person (or family member) arranges customized supports based on individual needs and preferences. You hire your own support staff and make other decisions about how to use your PDP funded allocation.
In the Participant Directed model:
If you are self-directing, you make your own decisions, determine how you spend your PDP funding for services, supports and goods (within DDS guidelines), and take responsibility for the decisions you make.
The Rewarding Work/Massachusetts Directory is ready to help
Hiring your own support staff gives you great independence, but finding the right person can be challenging without the right tools.
The Rewarding Work/Massachusetts Directory helps by:
• Providing you with names and contact information of people available to work right now – work full- or part-time
• Letting you review the work experience of people you might hire
• Telling you if workers are available mornings, days, evenings, overnight, or weekends
• You also may post your job requirements on the Rewarding Work job board. Rewarding Work will forward applicants to you.
Click here for MA PDP flyer
Here's how it works:
1. Contact your service coordinator or support broker to obtain a free access code, which is available for anyone enrolled in PDP.
2. Establish an account by clicking here.
3. Search the list of available support staff.
4. After you find one or more people who meet your specific needs, you contact them to arrange an interview.
5. When you select someone who meets your needs and who wants to work for you, you hire that person. Click here for hiring tips
6. Also, you may post your job requirements on the Rewarding Work job board. Rewarding Work will forward applicants to you. Currently this is a free service. Call 866-212-9675 for more information. Click here for job posting information
Post a description of your job opening by clicking here.
Your fiscal intermediary (FI) will provide payment for your new worker.
Your fiscal intermediary (FI) conducts a CORI (Massachusetts criminal background check) on potential workers and is responsible for paying the people you hire in accordance with your budget. Your FI also provides financial monitoring, reporting, and ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, DDS and other state agency regulations, and with other DDS requirements.