How it works
Register for access to a list of candidates:
1. If you receive PCA services from MassHealth or have an access code from DDS (Department of Developmental Services), you may obtain free access to the list of available candidates.
2. First, you will need to register by clicking here. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to enter your access code or MassHealth number. This will verify that you are eligible for free access. This will take only a few seconds. You will need to enter your MassHealth number this one time only.
3. After you receive verification from MassHealth, you may immediately search the list of available PCAs. Your free subscription will be active for 12 months from your date of registration.
4. A password will be sent to the email you entered as your username on the registration form.
5. On your next visit to www.rewardingwork.org or www.masspcadirectory.org log in using your username (email) and the password that was sent to you. At this time you will be asked to change the password you received to one of your own choosing.
6. Whenever you return to www.rewardingwork.org or www.masspcadirectory.org to look for candidates, log in using your username (email address) and the password that you chose.
Post a description of your job opening by clicking here. This is a free service for members.
Contact the candidates you want to interview:
1. When you find one or more people who meet your specific needs, you contact them by phone or email to arrange an interview. Before you interview your PCA candidates, check the List of Excluded Individuals/Entities maintained by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of the US Department of Health and Human Services. The MassHealth PCA program can NOT pay you for a PCA whose name is listed.
2. When you find someone who meets your needs and who wants to work for you, you hire that person. Click here for hiring tips.
3. If you need additional information on how to screen, interview, or conduct reference and background checks, you should contact your Personal Care Management (PCM) agency.
If you have questions, please contact the PCM agency assisting you.
Job candidates in the Rewarding Work database have NOT been screened in any way and their backgrounds have NOT been checked.
It is your responsibility as an employer to check references and backgrounds of people you may hire.