How it Works
Access to this directory is by subscription, which allows you to login and search a secure database of workers who provide respite and personal care services.
If you are a member of KanCare, you are eligible for a free subscription. Click here for more information about subscription accounts.
Personal Care workers in the Kansas directory have NOT been screened in any way and their backgrounds have NOT been checked. It is your responsibility as an employer to check references and backgrounds of people you may hire.
If you are a member of KanCare, your Financial Management Services (FMS) Provider will conduct a background check for you. Please review your responsibilities as an employer under Tips for Hiring.
- Get started by creating an account here.
- Search the list of available personal care workers by selected criteria.
- After finding one or more people who meet your specific needs, contact them by phone or email to arrange a personal interview.
- After selecting someone who meets your needs and wants to work for you, you may hire that person directly.
- Post a job description of your job opening on the job board. You will receive responses from applicants who fit your requirements.
If you need additional information on how to screen, interview, conduct reference and background checks, visit Your responsibilities, Useful tips for employers or Respite resources.